New from The Tech Lounge!
Online Poster Printing
We now have online poster printing! Currently, only credit card payments are accepted but we are working to incorporate other methods of payment soon! You can find our new poster printing site at acomp.stanford.edu/shop!
For PTA & Stanford CardPlan Orders, please visit the Tech Desk, in the Lathrop Tech.
- Fill out a Print Request Form for a wide-format print and submit your finalized file at the Tech Lounge.
- Prints are $50 each and must be prepaid for at the Tech Lounge using the Stanford CardPlan or PTA.
- You will incur an Oversize fee if the longest edge of the poster is over 44 inches in length. We may otherwise resize your document proportionally to fit this constraint.
- We cannot issue refunds for user errors. Please check your document in Photoshop at the Tech Desk! There are no refunds for nonprinter issues, such as spelling mistakes, misaligned page layout, low-resolution grainy-looking graphics, etc.
- As a service to you, our staff may trim off the white margins of your poster after printing. Please specify if you prefer otherwise. Posters longer than 60 inches cannot be trimmed.
- For rush jobs, we may call you when your print is ready to be picked up. To check the status of your print, you may also call the Tech Lounge at 650-723-9407 during our business hours.
- You may have one free 48" mailing tube for each poster ordered, while supplies last.
- We only use 7-color Epson Ultra-Chrome archival-quality pigment inks and Epson Enhanced Matte Paper to ensure that you get amazing exhibition-quality prints.
- Completed posters left unclaimed for more than 30 days may be discarded without notice, unless other arrangements are made in advance.
Setting Up Your File
- When using the Stanford logo and seal, be sure to adhere to the design guidelines and avoid mistakes.
- For photo prints, use uncompressed and original-sized images whenever possible to retain maximum image quality.
- For best results, the submitted document should be set to have the same dimensions as the requested print size.
- We recommend keeping prints to 44 inches or under on all sides for fastest printing.
Supported File Types
- You should make sure that you’re submitting your document to us in a file type that we support, which includes:
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT)
- Adobe Photoshop (PSD)
- Standard Graphical Formats (TIF, JPG, PNG).
- CMYK files are NOT supported. Our printer is an RGB printer and CMYK will be converted before printing. (May result in color shifts.)
- To convert your document to a PDF, see Creating PDF Files.
Additional Fee Information
- Rush Jobs (printed within 4 hours) that we can accommodate: +$25
- Documents over 44 inches long: +$25 per additional partial foot
- Fees subject to change as needed.
- If you wish to pay using a departmental PTA, you must arrange for this ahead of time with the Service Desk Manager, as consultants are not able to accept this form of payment. Please be aware that the minimum charge is $200 when paying via journal transfer. There is no minimum charge when using a departmental PCard to purchase poster prints.
Recommended Print Resolution
- We recommend that your document’s resolution be set between 180 dpi or pixels/inch.
- For example, to print a 40” x 30” poster, we recommend that the original image be at least 6000 x 4500 pixels.
- To calculate how big your image should be, take the number of pixels along each side and divide it by 180 to get the recommended length in inches.
- To approximate the look of the final output, try zooming into your document by 100%.
Standard Turnaround Times
- Non-Rush Jobs: Ready within 3 business days
- Rush Jobs: Ready within 4 hours with an additional fee.
For More Information
Contact the Lathrop Tech Desk.