The Meyer Tech Desk is also a library for equipment, available for loan using your SUID card. Our most popular items include miniDV camcorders, Mac laptops, portable projectors, external hard drives, and AV cables of all kinds.
- For a partial listings of our offerings, check out Searchworks and Items Available for Checkout.
- All items at Meyer are due by 5PM of the next day of business. Not to be confused with "business day", the Meyer Tech Desk is open on most weekends and even some holidays. Upon equipment check-in, the items will be taken off your record. Please check our Hours of Operation to learn when you can check equipment in and out.
- You may check out multiple pieces of equipment for free, but only one unit of each kind of equipment, as others may be waiting to use the equipment also.
- Extended Checkout: If you need any item for more than one day you may pre-pay to rent our equipment at a rate of $10/item/day. Under this policy, you may also get multiple like-items for $10/item/day. (e.g. to check out 3 VGA cables overnight, you would pay $20 for the two additional cables.) This is already dramatically less expensive than renting the same equipment from many other providers.
- Renewing Items: You must come to the Meyer Tech Desk in person with all checked out items in order to renew them. An item can only be renewed if at least one duplicate item is available for checkout. If no duplicate item is available for checkout, Consultants cannot renew the item within 60 minutes.
- Overdue Items: You will receive email notification when you keep our equipment beyond the due date. Patrons will be billed for overdue returns at a rate of $15/day and billed the full replacement cost for items never returned, enabling us to replace lost items and maintain a high level of service to you. Fines can be paid at Meyer or Green Library.
- All items are available on a first-come served basis. Holds and requests for interlibrary loans of our equipment are not honored. We do not have a reservation or waiting list system for our equipment. However, if you call the desk and we have an item available, we will hold it aside for 10 minutes.
- You can look up Meyer library items you have checked out by going to http://catalog.stanford.edu and clicking the "My Account" button.